Save the Date: Full program to follow for all registrants
On 1 January 2021, Phase I of the African Continent Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) came into effect.
This current generation of students and youth-at-large can realize the establishment of the world’s biggest free trade area by growth potential – of that we can be sure.
The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business is honoured to showcase, promote, convene, and have participated in free trade deliberations in Canada and at the African Union – toward securing effective implementation of the agreement.
Together with McGill University and the Ghana High Commission in Canada, join us to explore the liberation of the continent’s enormous economic potential, through open markets, enterprise and youth leadership.
- Advancing investment and entrepreneurship for a dynamic and fast-changing world
- Explore free trade and economic empowerment, including of women through measures for equality under the law
- Discover and connect young people to opportunities in entrepreneurship, policy & research
- Why Africa is vital to Canada’s medium-to-long term prosperity, and Canada’s role as an ally in Africa’s prosperity
- The effective partnerships that will bring together the globe’s trusted third party, Canada, and the world’s future growth engine – a single African market.
The African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) is the culmination of decades of efforts by Africans pushing for a more integrated continent; transcending old artificial borders imposed arbitrarily and creating new interconnected, dynamic markets and their sustaining institutions.