With thanks to our gracious hosts, Gowling WLG, the Chamber was privileged to once again host our country members in Ottawa.
Keynote remarks were delivered this year during dinner by Mr. Mesfin Ashebir of Ethiopian Airlines.
Former Ambassador Paula Caldwell St-Onge, Vice Chair of the Board of the Canada-Africa Chamber of Business, shared the latest details of the Africa Accelerating 2022 conference - to which Ivanhoe Mines is the proud sponsor of what is the keynote event on the Canada-Africa Chamber of Business' calendar.
Included among our attendees on Wednesday 14 September 2022, were country member Ambassadors and High Commissioners, as well as notable guests:
- High Commissioner of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, H.E. Adesina Asekun
- Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco, H.E. Souriya Otmani
- High Commissioner of the Republic of South Africa, H.E. Riaz ‘Moe’ Shaik
- High Commissioner of the Republic of Kenya, H.E. Immaculate Wambua
- Ambassador of the Republic of Senegal, H.E. Viviane Bampassy
- High Commissioner of the Republic of Rwanda, H.E. Prosper Higiro
- Ambassador of the Republic of Zimbabwe, H.E. Ruth Chikwira
- High Commissioner of the Kingdom of Lesotho, H.E. Paul Tseole
- Aweis Osman, Gowling WLG (dinner host)
- Mesfin Ashebir, General Manager for Canada, Ethiopian Airlines
- Paula Caldwell St-Onge, Vice Chair of the Board, The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business
- Assistant Deputy Minister Antoine Chevrier, Global Affairs Canada
- Ruba El-Sayegh, Gowling WLG
- Todd Burke, Gowling WLG
Above: Aweis Osman of Gowling WLG (right) led the evening of discussions on ideas for deeper Canada-Africa trade and investment, joined by Ruba El-Sayeg (left foreground) a partner in the Advocacy Group of Gowling WLG and co-leader, Arab States
We thank Mr. Antoine Chevrier, our esteemed guest from Global Affairs Canada, who kindly joined us.