Email email@example.com to requst our 50-page African Resource Directory, or Access to Video Recordings
During PDAC 2021 The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business 22nd Annual Mining Breakfast and MineAfrica's 19th Annual Investing in African Mining seminar were held entirely online.
We received extensive coverage that reached tens of thousands through the actual itself and widespread media coverage, including CNBC, Business Insider and The Guardian Nigeria - with our press statement seen over 715 000 times through the APO Group.
Our expanded event took place over three days from Tuesday March 9 to Thursday March 11 during the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Convention - the largest mining investment show in the world, which runs from March 8-11, 2021.
Mark Bristow, CEO of Barrick, Clive Johnson, CEO of B2Gold, and Gordon Stothart, CEO of IAMGOLD, were among our keynote speakers during the three-day program: joined by The Hon. Mary Ng, Canadian Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade and Jean-François Tremblay, Deputy Minister, Natural Resources Canada.
African Mining Ministers or representatives included:
- Angola: Hon. Diamantino Pedro Azevedo, Minister of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas
- Botswana: Lefoko Moagi, Minister of Mineral Resources, Green Technology & Energy Security
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Hon. Willy Kitobo, Minister of Mines
- Ethiopia: Hon. Takele Uma Banti, Minister of Mines and Petroleum
- Ghana: Benjamin Aryee, the Advisor on Mining, the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources
- Guinea: Mohamed Baba Sylla, Deputy Director- General, Mining Promotion and Development Center, Ministry of Mines and Geology
- Mali: Monsieur Lamine Seydou Traore, Minister of Mines of Energy,
- Namibia: Hon. Tom Alweendo, Minister of Mines and Energy
- South Africa: Thabo Mokoena, Director General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
- Tanzania: Hon. Prof. Shukrani Elisha Manya, Deputy Minister of Minerals
“Canada is committed to strengthening and building new partnerships with the many diverse nations of Africa. We know that by collaborating, we can help grow our economies and create new and exciting opportunities for the businesses and people in our countries,’’ says The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade.
''Working with our industry partners, we can build a more sustainable and inclusive global recovery and lay the groundwork for a brighter future for all.’’
Our virtual format ensured expanded coverage of key mining jurisdictions in Africa in regionally focussed sessions on each day.
DAY ONE - Tuesday March 9, 2021 9:00 AM EST to 3:50 PM EST
- Session 1 - Opening Remarks and View from the Top
- Session 2 - Spotlight on DRC
- Session 3 - Spotlight on Namibia
- Session 4 - Spotlight on South Africa
- Session 5 - Spotlight on Southern & Eastern Africa
DAY TWO - Wedneday March 10, 2021 - 9:00 AM EST to 1:50 PM EST
- Session 1 - Opening Remarks and View from the Top II
- Session 2 - Spotlight on Ethiopia
- Session 3 - Open Spotlight
DAY THREE - Thursday March 11, 2021 - 9:00 AM EST to 12.55 PM EST
- Session 1 - Opening and View from the Top III
- Session 2 - Spotlight on West Africa
- Session 3 - Spotlight on Mali
''Canada is a global leader in the development of Africa's mining sector,'' says Garreth Bloor, President of The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business. ''The industry has laid a foundation for Canada’s broader economic engagement with Africa and is thus a vital blueprint for Canada’s trade diversification, of which Africa is an integral part – as the Business Council of Canada correctly noted last year during Prime Minister Trudeau’s visit to Africa.''
“Our online format allows for greater flexibility, reach, and more cost-effective participation for sponsors, presenters and attendees, as reflected in our 2021 tagline – The biggest African mining event in North America just got bigger. Virtually.” says Wayne Floreani, Vice President of MineAfrica.
Email Wayne Floreani for more information on how you can promote:
Click here to read the report on our PDAC 2020 activities with links to the presentations, programs and photo galleries.
With thanks to all our sponsors and partners in the event
as well as the Chamber's partnership with Global Affairs Canada
& the Trade Commissioner Service