Samson Arega of Ethiopian Airlines provided a keynote address to The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business during Africa Accelerating 2020. The remarks were followed by a sit down interview.
- The visit of Prime Minister Trudeau to the African Union earlier this year and the airline's role in the economic agenda for African markets
- Ethiopian's expansion plans for Canada as the sole connector to Sub-Saharan Africa and onward to over 90 destinations
- Extensive cargo operations
- Profitability during COVID
- The airline's expansion plans
- Reflections on success during a global crisis and sustaining long-term growth (20 to 25% per annum growth)
'On behalf of The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business we applaud the vital role of Ethiopian Airlines for Canada-Africa trade and investment - under the dynamic leadership of Mr. Samson Arega'
- Garreth Bloor, President of The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business